How Can a Massage Therapist Help Your Jaw Muscles Relax
If you do some online research, you will be surprised to find out that many people undergo a massage therapy for jaw issues. TMJ syndrome and teeth grinding and other jaw problems are referred from other areas of the body – the lateral or anterior neck, or the back of the skull. This results in tension in the jaw muscles and the muscles around the mouth. This tension is not instant, however, it comes with time. Luckily, a knowledgeable and skillful massage therapist can help you overcome such problems.
If you do not have time to visit one every day, there are a few tips which Massage Therapy 4U has prepared for you in order to help you resolve that situation. You can massage your jaw muscles in a frequent and regular manner, or you can use a relaxation technique to relieve the tension.
- Place your fingers at different points on the face and jaw and take a deep breath.
- As you breathe in and out, try to feel and become aware of the tension under your fingers.
- Then, try to let it drain out of your body with each exhale.
- The key to doing a good massage is keeping the tongue relaxed in your mouth.
- Pull it away from the top of your mouth and let it relax as much as possible.
- When the jaw muscles are fully relaxed the massage therapy can begin.
- Rub the muscles and sensitive points on the jaw in a firm, but gentle manner.
- Pain is not a priority. It`s important to stretch the muscle fibers and relax them in order to relieve them from tension.
- Massage your jaw muscles properly and after ten to fifteen minutes, leave them to cool off. Do not try to cool them rapidly. Professionals say—the slower, the better.
- After you are done, your face may feel as if it is melting. Give into that sensation for a while and enjoy it.
If your problems persist or you have other issues that need professional massage, call a massage therapist who knows well what he is doing. If you are locate within San Antonio, TX, call (210) 202-4253 and reserve an appointment with one of our specialists.